Elaut Group USA, the world premiere manufacturer of amusement electronic redemption, video and simulation arcade games are seeking a Mechanical Engineer for full time employment in their headquarters office in Lake Worth, Florida. Position is available for a smart, passionate, and creative Mechanical Games Designer to join our team and help us transform the amusement gaming world. Primary duties include amusement arcade game design, prototype assembly, documenting, lifecycle analysis and testing.
Applicants will be required to develop, manufacture, install, repair, set up, and verify operation of gaming cabinets and all mechanical and structural requirements. Applicants must be able to perform engineering tasks as directed by engineering team and able to listen to project leads, maintain deadlines and follow all governmental regulations for design.
Position is Monday thru Friday, 8:30AM to 5:00PM.
- Work in a team with other mechanical designers, engineers, electrical engineers, and graphic artists to design a new product that meets all sales team and customer requests while conforming to all regulatory, safety, quality and production standards and limitations.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks o Guide and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and requirements
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operations and safety standards
- Identify engineered resolutions to recurring mechanical and structural issues
- Ensure compliance with international, federal and state regulations
- Manage time and multiple allotted projects to ensure release of products within firm deadlines.
- Design of new mechanical assemblies and parts in SolidWorks using materials such as MDF, HDPE, Acrylics, Sheet
- Reviewing/producing engineering drawings meeting all required specifications needed for production or vendors.
- Review of mechanical design problems and features to suggest and design revision changes to be tested for release.
- Other duties or projects as assigned
- BS Mechanical Engineering, BS Structural Engineering, BS Civil Engineering or similar degree is a minimum.
- Demonstrates ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities
- 2-4 years mechanical or similar engineering experience required
- Experience in 3d component design using modeling and CAD software (Current SolidWorks version experience preferred).
- Experience in 3d assembly design and emulation in modeling software (Current SolidWorks version experience preferred)
- Awareness of operational safety requirements in a manufacturing environment and ability to apply and follow procedures and requirements per regulatory bodies
- Strong communication skills and ability to deal tactfully and efficiently to all level of the organization o Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills
Minimum Previous Experience:
- SolidWorks modeling and design experience
- Part drafting and engineering drawing experience
- Experience in critical part design to +/- .001” tolerances
- Understanding of Mastercam, other CAD software, G-code, and/or basic table router and turn lathe operation concepts.
- Previous understanding of laser cutter operation or design for laser cut parts
- Experience working in a multi person design team, coordinating different features of an electro-mechanical design to produce a final product. Including proof of concept, drafting, and prototyping.
- Experience in assembling/repairing/designing cabinetry, arcade devices, or appliances.
- Experience in designs using MDF, HDPE, Acrylics, and sheet metals.
- Experience with designs of 3d printing or thermoform plastics is a plus.
Minimum Additional Skills:
- Highly creative with the ability to develop innovative arcade games
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Must have planning, organizational skills and ability to follow and lead when required.
- Must be capable of facilitating projects and solutions on time and within budget.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- Knowledge of machining and other manufacturing processes is a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.